Tuesday, July 24, 2007

two DIFFERENT classes

It just hit me that I actually have to plan for two DIFFERENT classes my first year as a teacher, Algebra 1 and Geometry. I don't know how normal this is for a first year teacher but I am thinking that if this summer was hard for me to teach one class, I cannot imagine the difficulty of creating two different lesson plans each day. Come to think of it, because I am on a block schedule which has each of my classes meeting 3 times a week, I will only have to create 3 lesson plans a week for each class. That might not be too bad. Either way I still have a ton to do before the Fall begins and I absolutely do not know where to start or how to manage it all. I'm gonna stop thinking about it for now. Until tomorrow that is.

Peace,
MO

2 comments:

EH said...

I feel like I haven't talked to you in a while... so it was good to read a couple of new posts! (New to me, anyway.)

...And in my humble opinion, geometry and algebra lesson plans will be much more fun to put together than chemistry. Chemistry tends to get complicated really quickly. Geometry, on the other hand, is super-straightforward. The most complicated thing you can do with it is go into three dimensions. :)

Danielle said...

Praise God for block scheduling and fewer lesson plans! Best wishes this week - the more you do now the less you must do later! I have faith in you :-)