Monday, January 7, 2008

First Day Back

I got a lot accomplished this weekend after coming back from Ohio. I cleaned up my place, went to the doctor, unpacked, read some, got my passport photos and application filled out, got groceries, a haircut, and I even went to school on Saturday and cleaned up my classroom so I would be ready for the students to come back. The one thing that I really didn't do was plan my lessons for today. For some reason whenever I try and plan the way I am going to teach I rack my brain about how there is something wrong with each and every one of my ideas and that I won't be able to accomplish it. I am pretty good at psyching myself out. I really need to listen to that saying that goes "Let go and let God". I'm am trying to do this. Hopefully the stubbornness in me will be broken down so that I can fully trust God to guide me. I know he is guiding me because I definitely would not have ended up here if I were after my own desires. What the problem is, is that I am resisting by thinking that I can control everything with my perfectionism. Anyways today was pretty good and I still have to plan for tomorrow but I am going to another teacher's place to watch Ohio State kick some LSU butt. Or so I hope so.

Peace,
Michael

1 comment:

Esprit said...

Glad to see that things are going better for you. Keep up the good work :)

-K