Sunday, May 13, 2007

Simple Proof....

I just wanted to put this post up to remind myself and everyone else that prayer actually works. My simple proof comes from tonight on my way back from Piqua where I surprised my mom for mothers day and watched the survivor finale with her.

I got a call from my roommate informing me that my cat, Smokey, had jumped out one of the 1st floor windows and they couldnt find him. I wasnt too worried because I knew that Smokey had gotten out before and always came back. My roommate said he would let me know when Smokey returned. Well he ventured outside around 6 PM and I hadnt heard anything by the time I left my house at 11 PM.

When I was turning off my street I asked God to bring Smokey home without injury because I felt I had enough to worry about already with TFA and all. Well not but 5 minutes later when I was pumping gas I got a text message from one of my roommates telling me that had caught Smokey. I was just amazed at how quickly my prayer was answered and I am glad that I noticed that it was an answered prayer and not just mere coincidence.

I am hoping to post something soon concerning my TFA experience, especially since I just realized this morning when I woke up that I will be leaving exactly 3 weeks from tomorrow, Monday! Ahhhh!

Peace,
MO

4 comments:

Jill said...

I'm so glad you got Smokey back and that you got to see your mom on Mother's Day! God is so great! Answered prayers like the one you had are needed sometimes to remind us that the things that happen in this life are not because of us. Sounds like you are a busy guy right now. You are loved and prayed for!

-Jill

Jenny N said...

yay!

Esprit said...

I'm glad your cat was found and was not lost or anything else.

My belief in religion is not as firm as yours or many others, so when I read the title 'Simple Proof' and read the blog, one side of me says 'Sure, it was God's help.' the other says 'Was it divine intervention?'. That other side of me believes the 'rational of coincidence' and that your prayer just happened to be said shortly before your cat would have shown up again, whether or not you had had asked God, kissed your lucky charm, or used some mystical cantrip.

I am not saying that one or the other is correct, it's just the thought process I have sometimes when people relate certain events to divine intervention.

-K

sarah said...

Yay! I can see your blog now :-)