Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Let's try this again

I don't think I know of anyone who regularly updates their blog. I understand this since I tried blogging once while on co-op in Houston and found it extremely hard to update it daily. It seems these days that we just don't have enough time in the day to sit down and reflect on life. Always on our way to work, our next class, an interview, or the next meeting. Then in our 'free' time we don't usually spend it in silence with God reflecting and praying about the important matters of our lives but instead fill our time with mind-numbing television programs, video games, and alcohol.

I do not like being so distant with God. I would like to find a way to take time out of my day, slow down, and just think about what is going on in my life. During this time I can thank God for all his blessings, ask God for forgiveness, ask God to work in my life and those of my friends, and figure out why certain things happen, good and bad. Doing this should also help me remember what is really important in my life at the time, maybe help me come up with some all important life lessons I can share, or leave me with some rhetorical question to pose to y'all.

Anyways, I am hoping to use this as tool to organize my thoughts in some random manner and give me something to do when I have down time. Last time I had an online journal I just basically wrote down every single activity I did that day. It was boring. Maybe I can be intelligent and create blogs that make people think. And maybe people will feel compelled to respond to some of my opinions even though I always seem to try and please everyone by watching what I write. I will try to be fairly blunt in these posts just like I am in person. Until the next post, Peace....

MO

2 comments:

Esprit said...

I too find it hard to take the time out of my life to reflect on life or just talk about things that I've found interesting. I probably have five or six unfinished drafts on my account, simply because I do not have time. Hopefully you'll be able to find more time to write about things you really want, it's a great outlet for your feelings. -K

Jenny N said...

I update all the time, foo'!